dizx
Second Lieutenant
Thailand
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitkis View Post
I tried this today in my i8. It's a step forward but still far from ideal:

- No BT connection, wired connection only.
- You have to specifically start Spotify & accept it in iDrive after plugging. Compare BT cellphone connection: step in and it works.
- You can't leaf through folders in HUD - you see just one title there at a time, no list of songs in the album
- You can't use e-mail, web or any other application in your phone while listening Spotify

Weird enough, you can control Spotify via BT with no problem, but in that case you have to use cellphone screen for controls. So connection to speakers is available, but no control connection from iDrive to Spotify??

I use iPhone 6+ and updated BMW ConnectedDrive & Spotify today.

So, much more work to do before Spotify really works in BMW. Current situation does not meet a level of user interface BMW drivers have used to see in their cars.
I can control everything in my E92 M3. Search music, albums, playslists, everything with album covers. It starts up automatic with the car, but I also made a shortcut with the number buttons on the iDrive. Works flawlessly!