View Single Post
      06-02-2014, 09:57 AM   #67
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
I had a Glenmorangie 10 at Bemelman's the other night. It was good. They also had Macallan. I should have tried that.
Or it can be viewed as an opportunity to just drink more scotch! Its an experience and I like to keep trying new ones, though I have my "tried and true" ones that I always keep on hand.

And I'm young too...at 32. Though my hairline wouldn't suggest that.

The Macallan can be a funny bunch, the 10 is good, the 12 is much better (IMO), the 15 is more expensive, but in my opinion, not better than the 12 to justify its price. The 18 is very good, but then you are getting into a very rarified territory and super expensive.

I once had a 30 year old Macallan (when I was 28 - I just wanted to be able to say I'd had a scotch that was older than me). Extremely smooth (as one might expect) and excellent. But I'd never be able to justify the cost of buying a bottle...maybe if I was a millionaire many times over.

Ahh scotch...its a wonderful thing.

As an aside, I named my dog Macallan given he's a yellow lab, something not quite but close to the colour and that being my favourite scotch.

On his first birthday I'll give him a little of his namesake to see how he reacts
Appreciate 0