jwzimm
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Perhaps.

If it was a bigger turbo (I don't know if it was or wasn't) you changed the mass flow rate and hence the amount of substance, i.e. exhaust, that was passing through your system. You did, in fact, change the entire system of which the emissions equipment, is only one part.

I can't speak for passing an emissions test but higher turbo velocity generally equals more exhaust flow, to a point. My engineering is running out here as it was 25 years ago. Someone else can chime in.

Cheers-mk
No changes to the turbo either. Increasing the flow of exhaust through the system will not, necessarily increase emissions. If the Cat is intact the only thing that would increase is CO2 emissions (which is not measured or controlled by the EPA on cars).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2HIGH~PSI View Post
Hey, I fully support everything you are saying.

The difference between the 1MPH over the limit and ripping the cats off your car is one doesnt really affect anything or anyone except you are breaking a speed rule, the other is affecting the air quality etc.

What jwzimm is referring to here is actually more of a respect for the other people on the planet and the environment.

For full disclosure, I run a clear DP through catless pipes an HKS Ti exhaust on my supra.. Im not saying I abide either, however the law is in place to protect us and the planet.

Really not the worst idea.

Im not saying I will race out of my way to support it as an automotive enthusiast, but at the same time, Id feel like a pretty shitty human being to actively oppose it as well.
Thank you for getting my point. We all have to live on this planet for a good long while so it is all of our responsibilities to follow the rules intended to protect it.
Appreciate 0