View Single Post
      07-17-2017, 05:21 PM   #67
ron_jeremy
Captain
Norway
Rep
Drives: 13' F25 X3 20d & 16' i3

This tread are showing how polarized the world have become. And how narrow minded some coutries and people have become. My choices... the best solution is the cheapest one...
I have kids, i have astma, so Yes, i like clean air, and i like to see our world survive in the future as well.
Don't we all?
Does this means we all should drive EV, probably not. People should have this choice for themselves, but i think within the next 10-15 years, alot of contries will charge alot more by the gallon. Surely every country has it's problems, be it power supply, bad roads, whatever. But when a new tech comes along, beeing as effecient as EV really is, and when the charging stadions is "everywhere". I think We should be very close to such a level in most developed coutries within 2025-2030.
US are not the obvious leader these days, China is. And they are struggling with poluted air within their cities, EV will flod the industry, not only will it be cheaper to make, it will be cheaper to maintain and for alot, it will cheaper to use as well.
Oil is not going to stop beeing used, we need it in plastic, medisin and so much more.
But i'm in the power and oil industry, Norway is pumping alot of oil up from the North sea to Alaska, but the investments, and the price on oil, have been cut by 2/3. Wind and sun energy are coming cheaper by everyday. The interest in oil are plumeting, it's yesterdays news, so from beeing the prefeered career in Norway, People will now work with other things, oil is not the future is was just for a few years ago.
Renewable energy is, and EV is Perfect in that future.

For most, the very though of driving an EV seems insane or to futuristic. But it all depens or where you live and how you look at the future. In Norway, EV busses are beeing tested, theyr beeing set in system next year. Autonomus as well. Tesla are coming with their EV truck.
Things are coming along People, it will be a step forward for most.
Appreciate 0