02-27-2014, 04:22 PM   #33
skypx
Veteran U.S. Army
Germany
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
8mpg is just ridiculous on ALL but a Veyron, Aventador, and the such!

Didn't read through the entire thread BUT one area of particular concern I am starting to hear more and more of is: Injectors! And Carbon Buildup! Which these engines are prone to.
If you are not already doing so, I advise everyone to start using the Chevron Techron Fuel System Cleaner regularly like I do!
I have used it in the past and I'm not sure if it worked or not, so unfortunately I can't recommend it. I also can't recommend Shell fuel, since it's just as bad as supermarket gas! But I have been trying to spread the word in regard to fuel/system stabilizers/cleaners.

As a result of the low quality fuel in the winter I starting using Archoil AR6200. There was not a night and day difference with my M5, but its new. Using the same driver settings (summer tires in Midwest) my MPG went from 16.4 to 18!

The X5 on the other hand was a completely different story (2012 E70)! After I filled up the tank and added the recommended amount of AR6200, I told my wife to continue driving normally. Less than half a mile from the gas station we stopped at a stop sign to enter the main road. When she started driving again the X5 jumped forward as it she pressed the gas pedal all the way down! I asked her what was that and her response was "not sure, it's almost as if I have more power now" (didn't tell her what I added to the tank or what to expect).

I've always compared driving the X5 to watching grass grow! But after driving it during the last snow storm we had, it's different. The initial turbo lag (starting from a complete stop) is almost gone! Plus when driving it just feels more lively (bought it new)!

Highly recommended, and no, I have no affiliation with the folks that manufacture it.
Appreciate 0