03-11-2017, 12:09 PM   #82
Vigilante375
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 AW 6M 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
I want to like this car. GM knows electrically-adjustable suspension as well as anyone; and apparently this is a great handling car. It's like a poor-man's Corvette with a back seat!

My two biggest problems are the following...

1. The limited storage and utilitarian aspect of this car is a challenge for me. I play golf at least once a week; and I transport small boxes for work all the time. This car is a big step backwards in this regard compared to my F30 and other vehicles I'm considering. I'm not sure I can even get my cart bag in a Camaro's trunk without pulling some clubs out first.

2. I really despise GM's MyQ telematics system. I rented a loaded Cadillac last year and cursed the system all week long. Call me petty but this is an important aspect to me. MyQ nearly rules out all GM vehicles for me. It's actually sad.

I'm going to take another look at the NY Auto Show in a couple of weeks. Maybe I can make it work but there is stiff competition to be my next car!
I'm not sure if the backseats fold down but if they do then you wouldn't need to worry about your clubs. I remember seeing a review on a 2017 1LE (not ZL1 1LE) and that guy said you had to remove the driver (I think) to get it to fit into the trunk.

The trunk is a decent size but the opening is design poorly. I thought GM would have fixed since the 5th gen has the exact same opening. I guess they forgot.

Sorry about the Cue system dislike's but I don't care much about any of those systems for any car.

And if you want to compare the Cue system or trunk size, just go find any model 6th gen Camaro. Then when you see the ZL1, you'll just be into the car itself and not wondering if the trunk opening is big enough or can you get a box in there.
Appreciate 2
swanson733.00
wjones14658.50