09-14-2015, 12:37 PM   #55
TheBry
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 G12 750i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZilberGrau ZHP View Post
S class IS class- this is nice but I would buy the Merc. Not loving the hockey stick on the side and HATE the 3 "Jewel eye" fogs - looks Sooo early 2000's (or very current Japanese)

S class no brainer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattedtwice View Post
Thank you. Always nice to see at least one person not sipping the mercedes toilet water.

These big limos aren't my style but if I ever needed to buy one, I would get this or even the 8, both of which look FAR better than that melted, droopy hideous s thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by goj View Post
This is easily on par with the S class. And at least it is not droopy. Also the S class steering wheel looks terrible.

If you believe the S class is worlds better than your sipping Mercedes kool-aid.

The level of luxury and tech in both cars is amazing. Which ever one you prefer comes down to personal preference.
I always chuckle at the pissing contest between Mercedes, BMW and Audi (ahem Volkswagen) fans about these brands' respective flagships. Most of the time it's by people who have no intention (or financial ability) to buy one of these cars in the first place.

I do agree with goj's comment about droopiness. The Merc does look like it's melting at both ends -- I really dislike that look. Even if you can buy, at the end of the day, whatever appeals most to your personal style is what you should go with. And, for me, it's the 7-Series hands down. And I totally LOVE the M-Sport model in Mineral White. It's no wonder BMW have shown the model almost exclusively in that color.

I got to see it in person and interact with all the tech at an unveiling event here in San Francisco a couple of months ago, and now the photos in this thread seal the deal for me. Such a great looking car -- and this is coming from a guy who actually drives a long wheelbase 7-Series as a daily driver (2012 F02). The new design is sharper and somehow more purposeful than the model I own. It's a very nice evolution on a winning design. This will be my next car. Well done, BMW. You keep speaking to me, and I'll keep buying.

Past: 2008 M3 (E93) naturally aspirated V8 realness!
Past: 2012 740Li (F02) M-Sport (European Delivery)
Present: 2016 750i (G12) M-Sport
Appreciate 0