09-30-2015, 09:03 PM   #59
Carguy59
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 750li

Thank you for you viewpoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBry View Post
I always chuckle at the pissing contest between Mercedes, BMW and Audi (ahem Volkswagen) fans about these brands' respective flagships. Most of the time it's by people who have no intention (or financial ability) to buy one of these cars in the first place.

I do agree with goj's comment about droopiness. The Merc does look like it's melting at both ends -- I really dislike that look. Even if you can buy, at the end of the day, whatever appeals most to your personal style is what you should go with. And, for me, it's the 7-Series hands down. And I totally LOVE the M-Sport model in Mineral White. It's no wonder BMW have shown the model almost exclusively in that color.

I got to see it in person and interact with all the tech at an unveiling event here in San Francisco a couple of months ago, and now the photos in this thread seal the deal for me. Such a great looking car -- and this is coming from a guy who actually drives a long wheelbase 7-Series as a daily driver (2012 F02). The new design is sharper and somehow more purposeful than the model I own. It's a very nice evolution on a winning design. This will be my next car. Well done, BMW. You keep speaking to me, and I'll keep buying.
The pissing contest has been old for a long time. Jeez, if you dont like the car, dont have a baby over how you dont like the look. Im sure there are other brands that you will find to you satisfaction. I read the Benz forums and you know what, everyone on those forums dont like everything about the S class. ITS PERSONAL DECISION!! Spend your hard earned dollars on something that will make you smile whenever you go to the garage and climb in. Why come on BMW forums and talk about Mercedes. BMW doesnt care, and in my mind, BMW speaks to their customer on a another level. Does that mean Benz is no good, no it doesnt. Just that they dont have the same customer, even though they compete for that same dollar. BMW, Benz, Audi and Lexus have good and bad points, its just what you are willing to deal with.
Appreciate 0