Thread: Key Mishap!
View Single Post
      03-19-2013, 01:55 PM   #1
dbs600
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 750LXi Individual

Key Mishap!

Yesterday I brought my car in for service and brought both keys with me (one complaint regards comfort access and I’ve been told they need both keys to troubleshoot same). While meeting with the service advisor, I don’t keep the appointment and reschedule for a couple of reasons (my regular advisor was out, they had a poor selection of loaners, I’d like the car back by the weekend and didn’t want to risk not having it back in time). The advisor tells the valets to bring the car around (my car had been moved while I was speaking with him), I don’t see it being pulled around, but it’s outside when I leave, I get in it and drive off. When I reach my destination a half an hour later, I realize I only have one key and the other cannot be found!!! I call the advisor and return to the dealer to search for the key, which can’t be found!!! Service advisor is very nice, but manager is not and on the defensive. They’re looking again today, but I hope they truly are; no way of telling, however. Does anyone know what these keys cost + programming? Called another dealer to find out and they said $320 + 1 hour labor, which nears $500. Push comes to shove, can I do any better? Not happy at all and not sure where the key could be; likely hiding in plain sight, them accidentally thinking it belongs to a car in service...

Last edited by dbs600; 03-20-2013 at 10:23 AM..
Appreciate 0