View Single Post
      04-20-2017, 02:28 PM   #30
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

As far as car sales I've had 1 good experience, a handful of mediocre experiences (of which I bought cars from) and numerous terrible ones where I passed. Some of the lowlights exclusively from BMW dealerships.

1. Was looking for a car but couldn't decide if I wanted a 3 series or X3. Salesman literally said "look at some pictures on the website, figure it out, and let me know" then walked away. Eventually I figured it out at a different dealership that actually let me into the cars.

2. After the 3 series lease I went to look at M235is. The salesman told me "we don't normally let people take test drives on Sundays, but we'll make an exception for you". After I left he got me confused with someone else and proceeded to send me deals for M4s. I tried to correct him but had the audacity to tell me that I was the one making the mistake and I actually drove the M4 not the M235i.

3. Went to another dealer after I decided to get the M235i. The dealership (I previously bought a car here too) rolled an incredibly bad deal with a high cap cost, marked up MF, marked up acquisition fee, and tried to tell me this was best deal I could ever hope to get. Obviously all that information is readily available on this forum which they disputed it's accuracy. Since we were so far off I decided to leave which the sales manager ran out and started shouting at me "that I am shooting myself in the foot" for not taking their deal. He pretty much called me an idiot to my face. Honestly it was the probably the closest I've ever got in my adult years of getting in a fist fight with someone. A day later they had the audacity to call me asking if I was ready to buy the car. One week later I ordered the same car from Crevier BMW for $300 less per month. I actually still have the written offer from them. I like to pull it out every so often to have a good laugh.
Appreciate 0