View Single Post
      01-14-2011, 01:12 AM   #6
socal mom
Rep
Drives: 2011 750LI, 2010 M6, 2005 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myfirst7series View Post
I have an 06 750Li and the transmission is awful. At times it shifts so hard from 2nd to 3rd. it feels like you have been hit from behind. It is now starting to surge when you are coming to a stop. I had this same issue with an 05 545i and BMW finally replaced the transmission only to have the car totaled 3k miles later. This is not the way an $82K car should shift.
Funny, I had an 06 750LI that did EXACTLY the same thing. I complained to my husband and he rolled his eyes at me. One day we were pulling into a parking structure and there was a "bang" as the car shifted. It felt like we had been hit hard from behind. (Every time it would happen I would be on an incline) My son and husband almost had a heart attack. I laughed. They never rolled their eyes at me again.
I got an 08 and it did not have any shifting issues. It did have a weird drag when you were coasting though. I got my 2011 last October. It is light years ahead of the 06 and 08. Every time I get in the car to drive it, I smile.
Appreciate 0