Thread: Galaxy Note 4
View Single Post
      11-02-2014, 08:36 PM   #53
Benstuck
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i N55 E92

So I got it in white! Coming from iphone 6, long time IOS user, my initial thoughts:

-android learning curve is steep compared to IOS, but I loved learning a whole new system

-The screen is amazing, clearly better than apple retina display

-screen and phone size are just right for my big hands

-camera is better than IP6 camera, although I had no complaints with IP6 camera

-pictures are crisp and not over saturated

-the Back key is such a convenience

-stylus is neat but still learning it

-battery life is good and could probably last longer than a day, but I have a habit of charging every night when I go to bed anywaysÂ*

-the charger is SUPER fast

-had to download Adobe reader to view pdf in email, I never had to do that on iPhoneÂ*

-had to download VLC to view videos sent in text message

-haven't experienced any lag or anything significant

-love privacy mode so I can hide files, didn't have that in IOSÂ*

-I'll probably never go back to a smaller screen

-speaker is loud and clear, sounds tinny and low on bass though, but I don't watch movies or listen to music using the speaker. All I care about is call clarity and speakerphone and it does the job just fineÂ*

-fingerprint scanner is good but not as good as apple, so I just use a pattern swipe for unlock. It worked 90% of the time

Questions:

-what program do I backup my phone to, like what is android's Itunes?Â*

-i have no problems with TouchWiz as of now, but what do you suggest for launchers? Nova, google, etc.Â*

-how do I tap to go to top of screen?

Overall I'm happy I made the switch to android. Apple makes great products, but innovation has tanked recently IMO. I disagree with reviews where they pit the 6P vs N4, because the N4 actually uses screen for multi tasking and productivity, whereas the 6P is just a bigger IP6. If the 6P had more features and actually took advantage of bigger screen, then I would consider it a true competitor. It seems like a missed opportunity for Apple to do more.

Thank you to all for your advice! Pardon any Grammer mistakes.
Appreciate 0