SheaButter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3CP F86 X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayMoWe335 View Post
I'm sure I'll get flamed for this

The negative is he probably had to rough it, did it alone, and is probably essentially broke now.
I contract for many Megacorps (including BMW), one of them is a multi billion dollar senior living chain. People always say "who cares about money, you need to live your life to the fullest". I think everybody has a different fulfillment in life, so I try not to judge. I will say this though, during campaigns I see thousands of seniors getting turned away since they don't have any savings, SSI, etc etc. And they end up living on the streets or in tiny neglected room at a relatives home, then when they need additional care they are absolutely screwed. Over 99% of people under 30 neglect to think about their retirement, and only plan for an average of 3 months in advance.

I'm still not sure where I stand on all of this. Many of us try to justify traveling in a responsible way. However not everybody is lucky enough to have income that exceeds their bills. In the end, all of the unlucky senior citizens have it MADE. Guys my age won't even have SSI when I am ready to fully retire.

If this kid spent another few years saving and investing while also enjoying life in other ways, he would certainly be in the top 1% for his age, and free to travel a mere 2-5 years later and have the same experience, then come home and remain financially independent.

Just my confused 2cents.

E93 M3 AC Schnitzer Carbon Fiber - Fully Gutted Exhaust and muffler delete | 2007 DB9 Bone Stock | 2016 428i
Appreciate 0