View Single Post
      04-21-2017, 07:39 AM   #3
Ric in RVA
Bergspyder
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 BMW 128i Sport 6mt

Many decades ago I worked at a huge dealer in Fairfax right out of college. Almost every line available.

It was fun. I had a great time and learned a bunch.

Like how when your sales guy goes back to check that price with the manager it was just to BS a bit to make you sweat.

Like how I made way more money selling honda lawnmowers on a saturday morning than motorcycles during the week. (The trick was Honda were always a one pull easy start mower....The guy would lean in and I'd stop him and have his wife do it. Vroooom Started right up after I showed her how to use a pull start correctly....of course the guy thought...well shit if my wife can start it maybe she can mow the lawn and off it went.) I'l sell 6-8 every weekend once grass was growing.

That being said vehicle sales on a low margin product was not and will never be a big money maker for anyone.

Grateful for what I learned but wouldn't go back except as maybe a retirement job just for kicks.

Do the math. How much do I earn on a bike, how many bikes do I need to sell to do that.....and ask them....how many bikes did you sell last year?

2011 128i 6 MT Sport, 2009 Cayman 987.2, 2011 528i N52, 2018 F150 Platinum
Appreciate 0