CSLA
Rep
Drives: BMW i7 xDrive 60, EQS580 SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollingtaser View Post
thanks! nice comparison

i was coming from an S and tested the S, EQS and 7 - i went for the i7

what would interest me:
- how do you compare the high and low beams (incl. matrix) of both cars?
- which head up display do you prefer?

i decided for the i7 because of the feeling of space and freedom when in the car. i'm an IT guy and i like screens and stuff, but for me, the EQS was too dominant. i wish they would implement some retro/calm instrument panel like they had on the W221.
damn, i miss this...

symbolic picture:
https://www.motor-talk.de/blogs/benz...-t6008164.html

and yes, the rear drive angle... this is a big + on the merc!!!
Unfortunately full matrix capabilities are not currently activated in the US. There are parts of the Mercedes-Benz Digital Light that are active though, which includes arrows when Distronic is conducting lane changes, driver assistance warning triangles, and driver assistance lane keep assist icons.

Both headlamps are extremely powerful and distribute light nicely.

I prefer the augmented reality head up display in the EQS. It’s extremely intuitive, seemingly expansive, and better at conveying data. The way navigation arrows and drivers assistance warnings seem to float all over the windshield in their correct places seem like magic.

The curved hyperscreen almost feels decadent to use. Mercedes makes up for the glass dash with a lot of wood and a variety of materials on the console area.

Also loving the scent air and the hepa filtration system in the car.

The i7 is more convincing in being a cohesive luxury sedan though. They didn’t reinvent the wheel. It’s a full size sedan that happens to have a BEV powertrain.
Appreciate 1
deutsch1004052.50