View Single Post
      03-08-2024, 08:52 PM   #9
forrby
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e (G30), 528i (E60)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F90bmwmastertech View Post
I can tell you that, as a BMW dealer mastertech, its possible you need a new instrument cluster. I had a g12 a few months ago that would read about 5-15 deg off and we started with a new ambient air temp sensor, no change, checked the wiring, no fault, ended up being the instrument cluster. If your car is under warranty bring it in and make them fix it. The ambient air temp sensor is on the passenger side behind the wheel well trim so its alot less likely to mess it up than on some of the older eseries cars.
Thank you so much for this information! I think you may be right. Do you think the defective instrument cluster could have anything to do with my interior cabin temp being a little off? Also, is there any danger in having the instrument cluster read a higher temperature than it actually is?

Here are some temperature readings from this morning.

First drive of the day 8:30AM
-iPhone weather: 72°F
-Instrument cluster: 76°F
-Preconditioning: 70°F (last night I left thermostat on Auto 70°F and today when I entered the car, thermostat preconditioning was set at Auto 70°F )
-Bluetooth Cabin temp: 59.2 °F
-For some reason my steering wheel was activated after driving even though my climate control rule is only set to activate steering wheel heater below 23°F

2nd drive of the day 9:50AM
-iPhone weather: 72°F
-instrument cluster after 5 minutes of driving (partially on highway): 78°F

Third drive of the day
-iPhone weather: 82°F
-instrument cluster after 15 minutes of driving: 87°F

Fourth drive of the day 6:50 PM
- iPhone weather weather 77°F
- Instrument cluster after 8 minutes of driving 84°F
Appreciate 0