12-04-2013, 08:33 PM   #36
osxcode
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: The M's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtree View Post
I agree with you, there should be a better solution than having to wait for months to get your car fixed. My part have not arrived in the shop as yet, am now I am afraid when it does arrive, it will be useless just like yours.

Is giving the car back a real option that you can take advantage of?
Here's my take....
They've issued a recall covering this issue, so it's a known issue with known resolutions at this point. The last two times I have gone for service, since not much was known about the issue, BMW did what they thought would be the remedy, it just turns out that it was not. The real issue, in my case anyway, is that nobody is on the same page. BMW has had parts distribution issues for the last year or better and this part problem/recall for the parking brake adds some fuel to the fire.

My dealer now knows which part is involved in the final remedy, because it was a part issued by the recall campaign for this parking brake issue. I am pretty confident that BMW will fix this problem once and for all once the actual part related to the recall campaign comes in.

I think in my case, a lemon law issue is certainly viable, but I would never do that to BMW. Why? BMW took care of me. BMW has never let me down. BMW builds cars that will save your life and it is an independent company made of genuine people that really do care. Though I am frustrated, I would never fight to return my car, I know they will make it good. BMW has always been there for me, in more ways than one, I wouldn't step out on them for this -- I know a final fix is in the works!

2016 BMW X5 ///M
2016 BMW M4 ///M Convertible

aLatteHotte - www.aLatteHotte.com - The Future of Coffee
Appreciate 0