Amgeater2
Major
Rep
Drives: X6M, M8, Mc 600LT, 296GTB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falafel Combo View Post
People who resist progress and innovation never cease to amaze me.

Do you want tires with 1980's technology? NO. You want the latest and greatest, the grippiest tires ever known to man, in all weather applications.
Do you want old halogen headlights? NO. In fact you bitch every time you see a BMW with Xenons.
Do you want an old radio with a freakin' antenna out the back for entertainment? No, you want Apple car play, Bluetooth, hot spot wifi, freakin satellite radio that beams your dumb talk shows from outer space!
Do you want an old technology 1986 M3 with 200 horsepower? NO. You want it to be more powerful than the current model, sip less fuel, emit less harmful gasses and be more reliable.
Do you want an M3 with more lightweight carbon fiber technology or would you rather have more steel?

Then why all the fuss about hybrid engines? If you have any doubts at all, look no further than BMW's masterful implementation if the i8 with just 3 cylinders! That's the new floor.
What your missing is that some of us don't view this as progress. Yes better headlights, more HP etc etc... is progress. Driving around in a heavy electric lawnmower with zero sound/soul isn't progress In my book.
funny you mention sound, like the M4 sounds great?
Appreciate 0