Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlstyle View Post
Is it due to the low top speed? I mean I rented a wrangler in Hawaii for a week and I think it hauled us ok except the excessive noise from the tire. Any other concerns I should be aware of?

I thought Jeep was a Jeep. Do you think I should still consider a newer model even if I won't be using the car for off roading? I'll be using it 95% for my point A-B driving only.

Yes this is the main reason for considering the wrangler. Relatively cheap, good resale value, a car to go for rough weather, kid mess friendly.
Pretty much every on-road driving attribute is terrible. It's loud, slow, squirrely under braking, and gets poor gas mileage. That said, I also want one as my DD since it's only four miles.

A Jeep is a jeep but they will be adding a diesel as well as a panoramic roof option. I wouldn't hesitate to get a JK. They're great cars and I would MUCH rather have the last year of a model cycle than the first, especially with an FCA product.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0