View Single Post
      10-19-2017, 08:32 PM   #17
dsad1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
With HUD, I could care less about instrument panel. Not really into DA features other than 360 cameras and blind spots. I both like and dislike enough about ID5/ID6, so would look forward to another redesign. Laser lights might be good if designed correctly and DOT laws finally change.
I thought the same way about the instrument panel before, but after driving a car with a full map inside the instrument panel for a while, it really is nice to have. Just look down real quick for shortcuts or ways around traffic. Either way though the BMW instrument panels look outdated.

Same thing with the autonomous features, never thought I would care for it, but on longer drives and in traffic it is nice having the car do almost everything for you.

With Idrive, there should be more and better built in apps. Also why do they hate google so much? Having the option for Android Auto would be nice.

Aside from the technology, they are also far behind in form factor. Really surprised they are yet to have a real 7 seater suv, or a coupe that compares to the S class. Both of these should have been on the market by now.
BMW seems to be getting back on track, and a year from now it seems like it will all be good again. But for someone like me that needs a new car right now, their line up is pretty disappointing.
Appreciate 0