View Single Post
      10-23-2017, 12:44 PM   #18
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
I thought the same way about the instrument panel before, but after driving a car with a full map inside the instrument panel for a while, it really is nice to have. Just look down real quick for shortcuts or ways around traffic. Either way though the BMW instrument panels look outdated.

Same thing with the autonomous features, never thought I would care for it, but on longer drives and in traffic it is nice having the car do almost everything for you.

With Idrive, there should be more and better built in apps. Also why do they hate google so much? Having the option for Android Auto would be nice.

Aside from the technology, they are also far behind in form factor. Really surprised they are yet to have a real 7 seater suv, or a coupe that compares to the S class. Both of these should have been on the market by now.
BMW seems to be getting back on track, and a year from now it seems like it will all be good again. But for someone like me that needs a new car right now, their line up is pretty disappointing.
Re panel, to each their own. I have seen nicer ones and just do not care.

With newer IDrive, they removed desired features like pictures at destination and then hid others in submenus requiring additional clicks to reach. As far as Android Auto goes, I have used on a couple rentals and was not that impressed. For those that like to use apps, developers need to build support for ConnectedDrive.

I will never need a 7 seater, but agreed they should have one for those interested. Though, I do think some of the other chassis are diluting the market. We do not need an X1 and X2, X3 and X4, etc.
Appreciate 0