01-22-2018, 01:52 PM   #13
BimmerAg
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyT View Post
Best grandstand to sit at? I do prefer to be where the action is at (likely turn 1), but also like to see them at speed, so maybe near turn 3-5?
Turn 15 is probably the best place to see the most action, but is also one of the more expensive grandstands. Personally, I like Turn 12 because you get nearly the same view as 15, but it's about half the price! Turn 12 is at the end of the back straight, so lots of passing there, and some excellent battles through the entire 12-15 complex. As mentioned already, on Friday and Saturday plan to walk around the track and watch the support series from different locations (your grandstand ticket will allow you access to all the general admission area as well). Turn 1 is iconic, and the 3-6 sweepers are cool to see as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyT View Post
How to get back and forth from the event? I do plan on going at least sat and sun. We already have a hotel reservation near the airport, but may be staying with a friend that lives in Austin. What is the preffered way to get to the track?
If you can get a parking pass, I'd recommend doing that. Find the lot closest to your seats and buy it. My wife and I took the shuttle, but the drop-off point was still about a mile away from the track entrance and $25/day/person so the savings were not great either.
CrazyT44.00