09-26-2016, 04:10 PM   #50
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post
I dont think people notice the Vipers on track since they are a handful and for anyone to even get the performance out of them are going to have their hands full plus are pro's.

The ACR's have always been a force to reckon with on the road course but hardly anyone have had the balls to own one and track it on a regular basis.
I'll have to disagree with this one. My first time driving a viper was at a 4 day Bondurant Racing School in Arizona with a Gen 5 2.0TA. 3 days straight with the same TA 2.0 and last day in a Mazda formula. The car is anything but a handful. It's very predictable and reliable. I had a blast and immediately fell in love with it. You can really go 10/10ths in it and actually be able to explore the limits of the car. Unfortunately, I found the limits mostly due to the tires (2 sets of tire changes in 3 days) and areo, hence the reason I went with an ACR-Extreme.

I know a handful of people that own an ACR-E and track it on a regular basis. Most of these guys use it to set track records and have succeeded.

It just doesn't sound like you've driven one, especially on the track. Go try out a "run of the mill" GTS. Even these ones haul ass like no other.
Appreciate 1