Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by John 070 View Post
This is a true story....the "owner" of the practice, the first time we were there, told us to take the diaper with us, don't leave it there. HUH?

My wife then asked the nurse, is there any place to throw this away? She said, of course, took it, and threw it in the garbage.

Another time, when I was not at the appointment, my wife said the doctor told a father he cannot use the bathroom, it is only for patients. LOL She said the dad said I'm using the bathroom, my son is a patient, and he did just that.

Now the above is totally weird, I can't explain it. But, the first time we freaked out because my son had a fever (he was probably 4 mos. old), we called 5 AM, they paged the doctor, and she called back about 15 min. later. She said we did not have to go in for an appt., just keep an eye on things and if it went above xxx degrees, then come in without an appointment.

As we got to know the staff, we did find that we really did not prefer to see two of the doctors including the owner for regular appointments--I think most parents will and should feel the office out. You want to feel someone is "enthusiastic" about seeing your kid. Maybe it's not the dude from Johns Hopkins, but the one from Brown, or even the one from the state U. All depends.

I mentioned this on another thread, one of the doctors said my son was, "the cutest baby in the world." These types with the good beside manners make you feel ok about having them treat your child.

Along the same lines, 3 mos. ago at that famous hospital (where conjoined twins were flown in from Poland and separated), the pediatrician told us our son is quote, "Insanely cute." Again, I hope he doesn't outgrow that, he might, who knows....
In speaking with my friends with kids, we found it an incredible coincidence that we ALL have the cutest kids in the world, according to their pediatricians. Must be something in the water.

I will also add that while appointments can be annoying, if we call their answering service they ALWAYS call back within a couple of minutes and are very realistic in their prognoses. They are frank about the thresholds for being alarmed and about bringing them in. They tell us often that you don't want to bring a barely sick kid to an office full of really sick kids. It's not worth it. If a kid has a cold, you can't do much about it anyway and it will work itself out in a few days.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0