United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Sure! My last two:
Your composition is excellent with both images, IMO. You've got the subject off-center and the rule of thirds was applied. I do think that the first one is too dark overall, particularly the sky. In the first one, I'm not sure if I'd clone out the yellow line at the bottom, or not, but I'm guessing that I'll like it better without. In the second image, I like the graffiti.

As I look closely at the 2d one, the driver's side seems in focus, but I'm not so sure about the nose of the car. You've got it as "Private" over on Flickr, so I can't see it full-screen, or see your EXIF. I'm not sure what's going on there, since the side is so sharp. I like the darker gradient on the nose, but it should still be sharp. The OOF BG is just right.

Despite those nits, I think they're very good shots overall. The level of "pop" seems appropriate to me, with just a few little details that need attention. Keep in mine, I'm a realist, mostly shooting nature, so I'm always trying to find a subject that knocks me off my feet, without enhancement. I've seen automotive and even nature photography where the image itself, with an ordinary subject, knocks your eyes out. If that's what you're looking for (nothing wrong with that, if that's the way you're pulled) then I can't really help.

Dave

Last edited by dcstep; 11-05-2016 at 10:52 PM..
Appreciate 0