View Single Post
      09-14-2016, 02:05 PM   #17
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
American illicit performance enhancing drug usage is pretty extensive, it's extensive even in high schools. Eastern Europe into Asia has freak show stories of female athletes with massive brows and all the traits of illicit doping, but so does the U.S.. You can argue state sponsored versus the private sponsored - but there is coordinated illicit doping in the countries that amass high count Olympic metals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
I don't think the AMA or health departments is funding or aiding medical intervention into sports performances.

Olympic committees and coaches, you know I'm not so sure they don't function on the edge of interpreting what's legal. UCI or international cycling sanctioning body I think are suspect. The international Olympic commitee is diseased by bribery - that's a real corrupt organization.
1st. Thought we were talking about the Olympic Athletes that competed in the games under the WADA regulations, not the rampant use of PEDs in America. Yes that is an issue, but it is an issue worldwide. The 3 Americans listed in the article followed the WADA Regulations to get approval to use medications they were already taking before they ended up on the banned substance list. Any athlete can do this provided they have medical authorization showing that they need these medications.

2nd. Russia was involved in GOVERNMENT funded doping. This included athletes being forced to take PEDs, athletes being given PEDs without their knowledge and the GOVERNMENT rigging testing and results. To my knowledge, the US GOVERNMENT has never done any of these things, and when a US athlete is found to be doping, their medals and titles are stripped. This is why Russia was in trouble with the the Olympic Committee. Russia is lucky their previous medals werent stripped from them as well.

You cant compare what Russia did vs what these 3 athletes did, nor can you compare it to the PED use in America, unless you have a bone to pick with America. In which case, this conversation is going to be like talking to a rock and logical reasoning will fall on deaf ears.

Not that you care since you have obviously made your mind up, but Simone Biles medication is for ADHD and the Williams sisters were taking anti inflammatories and pain meds... Hardly PEDs

Last edited by csu87; 09-14-2016 at 02:11 PM..
Appreciate 0