View Single Post
      05-05-2015, 07:04 PM   #10
fl335i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

^exactly. Stinks to see the exact car I want go, but I can't pay him OVER what the car is worth, spend $1k trucking it, pay $1k in taxes and fly out there to get it and then have to dump 1-3k into the A/C and fix a unknown oil leak. What if the rear main seal is leaking? Guess what, clutch is soaked with oil. Now I have to do a clutch and rear main seal job. And after he denied the oil leak and called it undercoating with hi-res pics... just gave me a weird feeling. His car is worth about 7-8k.

3 weeks ago I saw a 9.5/10 one go in Orlando for 6.5k. Turbo, stick, leather and garaged original owner. With working a/c. And I saw a nice red on grey turbo stick on Ebay go for 7k with 1 bid. So there is not a HUGE following buying these cars up. They cost a lot up front and then there is a lot of money to keep putting into them. plus they really are not fast, even when turbo. the cars are massive and heavy. I still like the 89-92 MK3 though. I want one just to cruise around in with the Targa off. The supra have a true simple driving experience. Today's cars tell you put your seatbelt on, stop you from skidding, brake for you, wipe your backside for you.... not the supra. 3 pedals, wheel and a 5spd.
'07 335i Sedan, base pkg, 6spd Manual, Procede 3 V5 w/NLS, Macht Schnell Downpipes, 18" Staggered 313's w/Conti DWS's, OS Giken TCD LSD, VAC Street Diff Cover, Dinan Oil Cooler, Dinan Intercooler, Akebono Euro Pads, CDV Removed, Black BMW Grilles, Interior & Exterior white LED lighting, LUX Angel Eyes, Debadged, Blend V1 mount, Llumar ATR Tint.
Appreciate 0