View Single Post
      03-15-2017, 05:49 AM   #86
bvanlieu
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alpine 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
was it because you modded the piss out of it? my girlfriend drives a 335d and it has been the most reliable car she has ever had. stock.
The irony of your statement is, had I "modded the piss out of it" (full alphabet delete) its a fairly reliable car.

It this emissions system that is a PoS. Car is 100% stock for 75K of its life (JBD mild on at 75K for fun, but not even at 100%)

I average 2 CELs a year for the past 4 years. In my previous 25 years of driving, all my cars combined got 1 CEL (> 500K cumulative miles driven).

The only non-emissions issue was turbo oil return leak, a common item on them.

- Both NoX sensors replaces
- Urea tank replaced
- Multiple attempts to diagnose SCR codes before replacing tank
- Full carbon cleaning at 72K or so
- 1 failed injector (post carbon cleaning but about same time)

Car has 81K on it, cruising the other day SES back on and its NoX efficiency code again (the one that started it all, my very first code at 33K)

When working I love the car, its perfect for what I need it for save not having a 6 speed and a locking diff. When not working, its clearly the biggest lemon of my purchasing life and I regret not holding out for the 328 sport wagon unicorn I was also looking for at the time.

All that said I will repair it again and if the estimate is high reconsider the delete: I was all set to do it last fall but had to cancel that appointment due to factors outside of my control.

- b
Appreciate 1