View Single Post
      04-12-2017, 09:02 AM   #13
omgboost
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
just curious, after running pnp, where have you generally been buying your parts? I find myself often buying from Huskerparts. They tend to be marginally cheaper than BMW of Fairfax for large quantity/priced items. (this taking into consideration shipping).

I've only bought from getbmwparts when they have a special promo for a packaged deal (usually oil kits) and only b/c shipping was discounted. But oil is sold and advertised everywhere, so every dealer has to be competitive on pricing for oil. But these days, I often don't buy full oil change kits b/c I always have extra bottles left from larger orders and a few years ago, I ordered 5+ filters to complete an order to get free shipping.

Also, recently I bought a complete brake replacement set from huskerparts for my E70 X5. It was hands down the cheapest for me after doing comparisons for about half hour (the shopping cart method).
Yes, same here. Husker has great prices and I've generally only ordered from them. Ships pretty quick too.

Now, I typically buy the Manufacturer items from ebay or Amazon instead of the BMW branded ones since it is cheaper. I have an Amazon Prime card so I'd get 5% off the price as well.

ebay usually have coupons for $10 off $50 or $15 off $75 at the end of the months/quarters so I can buy Mann filters for oil change in bulk from ebay seller partscontainer, 10 for $75, after coupon, it would be $60, so $6 a pop is a great deal. Or you can mix and match coolant, brake fluid, etc.
Appreciate 0