View Single Post
      04-28-2015, 04:50 PM   #33
Delnari
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 MG F22 Auto

The M235i was best driving car I had to that point. It is mechanically sound and best I ever experienced including some Honda's a decade back. With the modifications, sport muffler, M Performance interior, and piggyback boxes, it was a fun car to drive.

Only issue with the M235i, for me, it looks like a typical BMW car. The newer BMW's are looking nearly the same without a lot of major body differences. To most, that is a very good thing and helps BMW sell cars. I wanted something that stood out from the normal crowd and just screams "sports car".

The Cayman gives me that "just want to look at it and drive it" feeling every time I see it. It feels perfect when you slide down into the seat and fire up that flat 6 engine which roars with wonderful overrun sounds on throttle lift. The steering is heavy weighted and just perfect handling at any speed. PDK is a wonderful dual-clutch transmission that shifts even faster than the ZF in the M235i. You have to get the rpms above 4800 to experience the true excitement the engine has to offer and deliver extreme loads of fun power.

One of the reasons I have always lust after the Cayman since 2006 was the mid-engine design, fast back rear, and low weight. I like the 911's, but something about the Cayman with those side intakes just says Sports Car. One drive and I was sold. Affording it was a tough pill given the BMW was the most expensive car I had ever owned prior and spending nearly $70K on a used (albeit slightly) car had me second, third, and fourth guessing. What did allow me to go for it was the wife's blessing. She knew how much I loved this car since I saw it in 2006 and said get your dream car.
Appreciate 0