07-20-2016, 05:41 PM   #26
carzaddict
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 Cadillac Escalade ESV

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdaft1 View Post
I'll kick this off...

Quite a few years ago on some random day in the middle of the week, I was at the grocery store ordering sliced deli turkey meat from the busy deli counter. When my number was called I asked the woman behind the counter for a pound of turkey that was sliced extra thin. She walked away to grab the turkey, and being late in the day after a long day of work, I just kind of zoned out. Next thing I knew, I looked up only to realize that the woman behind the counter was trying to ask me something and I had missed it.

"I'm sorry, come again?" I said to her.

Holding up a big slice of turkey right in front of my face she asked "How's this??"

Without a moments pause, I snatched the slice of turkey out of her hand and slammed it right into my mouth, thinking that she was offering me a sample to taste.

"It's good!" I said. Only to look up and see a look of horror on the woman's face. I glanced around and the others in line were staring at me with the same deer in headlights look. And that's when it clicked. She was asking me if the way she sliced the turkey was good. She wasn't offering me a taste test...

I was too embarrassed to even acknowledge what had just taken place in front of all of these people, so I just awkwardly repeated myself "yup, it's good. I'll do 1lb of that". I then took my actual turkey and quickly walked away from the deli counter.

Years later my family still re-tells that story when we get together and it's always a good laugh. Moral of story: ALWAYS pay attention to the woman behind the deli counter!
that happened to me as well! it was my first time ordering meat from the deli. quite embarassing.