View Single Post
      11-22-2014, 11:59 AM   #21
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raikkonen View Post
I didn't mean any hate by the Chevy comment, it's just I've found domestics to always lack in finite attention to detail. SS is a great car, but GMC, Lincoln, Buick, and Cadillac have this obsession with chroming wheels that makes me nauseous; it's like they're trying to appeal to 6 year olds.

SS is probably one of the best bang for your buck purchases out there, no doubt.
Yeah I didn't think there was any hate behind it but it was confusing that it could make your "wants" list and be horrible at the same time.

FWIW, I despise the chrome everywhere on the SS as well, but that can be rectified easily and cheaply (with official GM parts no less). Reminds me a lot of what I had to do to my 335, installing the shadowline trim and black finishing rods or whatever those were in the front bumper, and the grille as well (pre-LCI yuck).

I've already got a different set of wheels (slightly wider, not blingy) to go on it and it just got built so it probably won't be here for another three months, but those stockers are actually forged polished aluminum. So, technically they're not chrome, but we're splitting hairs there. They're excellent OEM wheels, surprised you find them on this car that is a relative bargain. Too bad they're so blingy and somewhat narrow.

In the end, my goal is to make it somewhat more anonymous by getting rid of the bling. I like the fact that it looks like a Malibu or Impala. This is entirely subjective, but I'm just f'n done with all the attention certain cars can draw. That can be incredibly annoying in a daily driver.

And in the end, I think I missed the whole point that it's not an American car.

Go test drive that Golf R, it's an outstanding car. I thought it was a bit on the small side as well, and now I'm kinda curious as to whether I would have given it more of a gander in wagon trim. I wanted my 335i in touring flavor, I would have ticked the box for wagon if Chevy had had brought that form factor of VF over here, and Audis never really appealed to me enough to buy one, the V was too expensive for my tastes, and I just didn't like the newer Volvos too much (although I for some reason have a soft spot for the old 850R). I like wagons for some reason, I don't know what it is.
Appreciate 0