05-20-2015, 03:48 PM   #115
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
It could've been worded a bit better if the objective was to warn against such rosy naivety and not so cryptic.

Usually, at least in my experience, we aren't all standing around in a circle crying and holding hands, but that's because everyone involved has come to terms that someone is about to pass and that they've lived a long life. I haven't had to deal with a sudden, unexpected death in the family so I can't speak for that, but when it's expected it's a bit different. Sometimes we're a bit relieved since it's painful watching someone who's old that you knew slowly lose themselves to some sort of disease and merely becoming a shell of what they once were.
ITT, the truth is frowned upon. I did try to apologize for the harshness, but then ended up on another frustrated rant.

However, in this post of yours, http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=102 I think you highlighted the "hell" that she's gone through and how it seems everyone other than her would have wagered on the current outcome of the situation. Perfect strangers on the internet knew the relationship with her ex shouldn't have progressed past the first date, let alone all the way to procreation. But then that's life, people want what they want when they want it. And now she has a daughter, beautiful i'm sure. I'm also sure she wouldn't change anything even if she had the chance to do it again. And i'm sure she's going to raise her as best as she can and instill as much good and compassion in her as possible. I believe Sara at her core is a wonderful person. I think (not that it matters what i think) she has good morals and good intentions. I also think that sometimes, good intentions can be harmful.

When posting yesterday, I was frustrated with some people who have been completely insensitive to my friends situation with her son. From people blowing up the most insignificant problems in their lives to incessant praises for the most mediocre crap their kids do. Of course this is real life events, not on FB. We're talking about people visiting her in the hospital while telling these stories or just having the attitude that this kind of thing will never happen to their little Susan or Johnny. She's has to be the "rock" of her family. Always being strong and positive and yesterday, she said those attitudes and comments really wore on her emotional state since she too thought none of this would ever happen to her children.

I guess seeing the guarantee set me off. But while my post wasn't sugar coated and could be considered as harsh; it was truthful. I can't help but think if my friend had pondered the possibility of unfavorable circumstances befalling her and her family, she may have been better prepared mentally when those circumstances landed on her doorstep. I'm not sure you can prepare emotionally, but mentally having a plan can help you cope emotionally.