Shaw
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35d | 2019 X3 30i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahzari View Post
G refers to the CFRP in the chassis and body, similar to the construction of the i3 and i8. The expectation is that the new 7 will lead the way and the other models will follow suit.

I agree that 2016 seems early but Mercedes just released their new S-class so it's smart for BMW to stagger the 7-series release between the new S-class and the S-class facelift.

What you have to remember is that when we see a production car on sale, the engineering and design team are already working on a facelift or even the all-new replacement for the car that is "brand new" to us.
Aghaye Mahzari,
Your comment is spot on...the reasoning is that German manufacturers never try to market their same-class products at the same time of rivals' release... This jeopardizes theirs as well as other brands' marketshare... so they take turns...you never see BMW, Audi, and M-B release all their same-class cars at same time...
The face-lift is a different story...it's an after market effort to try to keep the same product up-to-date so that people still buy the vehicle, especially when it coincides with rival's new product...
Appreciate 0