Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by F32Fleet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4
Are you looking into solar, by chance? I have a friend building a home and they are taking a hard look at adding solar panels. Personally, I'm not entirely sold on the investment, but they are more feasible than they were in years past.
The OP would have to check his CC&R's to see if they're allowed. Unfortunately as you probably know the majority of new construction in the Texas and the SE US occurs in planned developments which have restrictions.
I don't know about Texas but such restrictions are not really allowed in FL. You may need to get approval but ultimately an HOA can't prevent a homeowner from installing solar panels. However, personally I'm not sold on payback and get concerned about panels smashing in hurricanes / tropical storms. Additionally, if you connect them to the grid, they won't work in a power outage. So where I live they aren't worth the investment to me personally.

We put in impact resistant glass and it had minimal impact on energy. I need to look into better attic insulation.