Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM330i View Post
I grew up in a Jeep family (Jeepster, Wagoneer, Commando, CJ5, CJ7 & Wrangler).

I have owned a Wrangler and it was SO much fun both on and off road. Is it the best on-road driving vehicle? Of course not, but you already know that. Is it the worst? Not by a long-shot. For me, driving a pick-up truck or a van is worse.

A Wrangler is a different mind-set. Those on here who say it's junk and doesn't drive worth a damn just don't really get it IMHO. "It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand" is quite well known for a reason. It's not a BMW, nor does it pretend to be one., nor does a BMW pretend to be a Jeep.

What is a Wrangler then? Freedom. It gives you the opportunity to go off-road IF you want to. It also allows you to take the roof and doors off for a truly unique driving experience. I look at it as a four wheel motorcycle in this mode. To be completely in the open with the wind blowing and having a blast - all while going 55 mph or less, because it doesn't matter. One of the best times I had in my Wrangler was getting caught in a downpour with my top sitting at home. What a blast! You can get a hoist system to install in your garage to easily remove the HT. To say that this will become your kids favorite vehicle is more than likely true.

Then there's the 4WD in the winter time. I don't really need to go into this since you already have a JGC (yes, I read all your posts). What is amazing is that the heaters in Jeeps are like super sized because even with a soft top on in the winter time, it's more than toasty inside (again, I know you're going to have a HT).

Of course, the aftermarket for Jeeps is incredible. A buddy of mine is the head of marketing for Quadratec. They're located very close to my house too. http://www.quadratec.com/

In the end, it's a completely different vehicle that serves multiple purposes. It can be a ton of fun both on and off road. It's large enough to carry you, your family and lots of stuff (roof racks can carry a ton of gear/toys).

I'm not sure how it can get any better for a car that not only carries the family, but is also 4WD and has the freedom of becoming the most open top driving convertible you can buy.
aaaaaaaand yahtzee! Great posts and exactly the feedback I was looking for. This is exactly the mindset I'm in. I don't expect it to be anything other than what it is. Fun!

Now... any thoughts on whether to get the beefed up Rubicon or just stick with a Sahara and spend the extra dough on mods?

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0