View Single Post
      05-30-2016, 10:52 PM   #55
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blipit_ View Post
I am not seeing where Ricciardo would have got by if Ham made the chicane. Ricciardo was not getting by Lewis either way, he was too far back. I still think missing the chicane made the situation worse for Hamilton, it actually slowed him down.

Ricciardo was more pissed about be blocked into the wall on exit, since he got better traction being on the dry line.

HAM was able to stay in font and and block by cutting the chicane, if he had slowed enough to make the turn RIC would have passed him on the outside, if he had not slowed he would hve been in such bad shape that he would be nowhere near the racing line and RIC would have taken him in the inside with no chance for HAM to block. As with the speed you are looking at the wrong thing, you are seeing what happened when cutting the chicane and compare it with if HAM would have executed the chicane well and you see no advantage by cutting. However the option of a well executed chicane was not on the table, only cutting it or endup in a very poor speed or out of shape unable to defend.

I can't see how anyone who looks at the objectively can say it's ok. HAM took a short cut outside the track ignoring a slowing feature and by that kept in front. There is no way in hell that is ok.

Last edited by solstice; 05-30-2016 at 11:00 PM..
Appreciate 0