View Single Post
      03-10-2018, 08:41 AM   #23
Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '16 G11 730d, '18 F33 420d Cab

Garage List
Yeah, touch wood, this G11 has been flawless and no issues, noises, or anything even now with 32k miles on it...But one never knows and it is good to get the car first and have it for a while to ensure that everything is as it should be, then look to modify if one wants to IMO.

That sounds a nightmare about the C63S, I imagine they are great cars too, but sometimes there is a 1 in a 1000 that just has an issue. Did you see that youtube clip about the S600 AMG Korean bloke that took his golf clubs to his own car due to issues that the dealer said they couldn't fix...that was impressive damage, shame about dealers not sorting it though.

He's winding down at this stage, the original onslaught was crazy but here it is if you want to grimace!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du003tnXxHI

In any case the car should be fine and I'm just very cautious, but i have heard the ACE does need quite a bit of trim removed and the clips do break so worth doing it separate and making sure everything is good before and then after and being able to attribute anything should something come up. Likely overkill, should go fine.

My F01 was a great car as well, 113k and not a single creak or rattle in that whole time. I did have an issue when I first got it as the sat nav. decided to do an update and then apparently couldn't find the partition so corrupted the whole drive and when BMW dealer tried to replace the unit (same as yours) it apparently blew all three computers in the car and didn't know it was a car any longer, let alone a 7 series!

They sorted it obviously and I had a lovely loaner for about 2 weeks but wouldn't want to be trying to troubleshoot a few things to find out what is the cause...

I've sent an email to my local and they now forwarded it twice but no reply yet...will keep you posted. The Bournemouth dealer is a good one as is the Shrewsbury one were I bought the car so may ask those two as well.

Definitely going for it, will let you know.