View Single Post
      11-23-2016, 12:15 PM   #26
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viffermike View Post
991GT3 is likely a YouTube/blog/webisode enthusiast (i.e. I want my hypercar comparo NOW, dammit!) with a different sense of humor than the tens of millions who enjoy Clarkson & Co. Nothing wrong with either.

Not everybody 'gets' this in the same way that not everybody gets, say, Monty Python -- also humor largely based on stereotype, but far more dry and culturally deep.

As for Chris Harris ... great practical reviewer, but not a good fit. What Tanner Foust is to Ken Burns, Chris Harris is to Kathryn Bigelow (with maybe a dash of Alex Gibney).
Exactly, i have a few friends that just don't like the three blokes humor. They watch the show for the cars and take the show in...in a different manor. They treat the show a lot more seriously. This isn't a car review show, it is a comedy. I introduced this show to my family, they couldn't care less about cars and didn't miss an episode of the old Top Gear. I could watch Clarkson, May, Hammond commentate paint drying, I just find them hilarious. People have different senses of humor. For the life of me, I still don't get how a show like "Two and a Half Men" got the ratings it did. But apparently 15+mill found that show funny.
Appreciate 1
Viffermike1753.00