Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-Bracq-BMW View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
WRC isn't exactly a hotbed of competition recently. And did the TS050 win LeMans? Awfully close, but seems like it didn't.

Mazda won LeMans, Honda's had epic F1 success. But neither of them build scintillating sports cars. A one off Yaris and a behind the times LFA aren't a compelling story for success.

I'd love to see Toyota and Lexus offer more involving cars, nearly every other car company already does.

Losing Hiromu Naruse was a big loss for their development. Hopefully they really are still heading in the right direction. But the RCF, GSF and lack of competitive engines isn't reassuring.

Well, BMW hasn't done much in the past few years either in any form of racing, that's why I call the M division the Marketing division. At least you need to recognise that Toyota are trying and were pretty close to winning le Mans with fierce competition from Porsche and Audi. And on the road cars side, there are more exciting things to come from Lexus and Toyota for sure. look at the new Camry, which is a big departure from what it used to be. The twin turbo V6 has good future for Lexus cars (heck Ford and Honda uses a twin turbo V6 for their halo cars)... Honda only had epic success thanks to McLaren as they were engine supplier. They didn't have such success when they were making their own chassis... Mazda won le Mans... once and were never seen again...
I'm not arguing that BMW is doing anything any better. Our F30 has done nothing but convince my wife she'd like a Porsche.
Appreciate 0