Thread: Metal Key
View Single Post
      06-14-2011, 01:45 AM   #5
dbs600
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 750LXi Individual

Thank you gentlemen. I called my dealer today. The metal key and remote is between $400 and $450, while the metal key alone, which is what was needed, is between $45 and $50. Whether the metal key alone or the key and the remote together, same can be had in 2 business days, in the US, at least.

How I lost the key: I went to a wedding Saturday night, separated the key for valet purposes - locking the trunk and center console - and while someone else drove home, I needed to unlock the center console to get my EZ Pass tag, used it to do so, but do not recall what happened to it thereafter.

But, great news(!): When I created this thread, I a had already searched my car two times, yet, as one can imagine, this has been tremendously upsetting and I searched my car again, this time for no less than 10 minutes. I found the key directly beneath the driver’s seat – under the mechanics and motors, etc. – I do not know how it got there, but I ultimately found it using the LED light on my iPhone and I needed a long screwdriver to recover it.

Last edited by dbs600; 06-14-2011 at 10:16 AM..
Appreciate 0