12-15-2013, 08:48 PM   #6
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs600
Anyone have the following problem:

You're connected to a call via Bluetooth you want to continue after leaving the car. You shut down the car (two presses of the start-stop button), exit and lock the doors, but your phone is still connected to the car via Bluetooth and the iDrive screen is still on and the only way to disconnect the call from the car while maintaining the call is to change sources from your phone or disable Bluetooth from your phone.

IN THE PAST, when I would exit and lock the doors, the call would automatically disconnect from the car and continue on my phone.

Not sure what's changed; my car was, however, at the dealer recently for oxygen sensor replacement.

I use a Verizon Wireless Apple iPhone 5.
This is a feature. It happens when you are in a call at the time you shut off the engine.

If you're in the car and on a telephone call and you shut off the button, press twice yada yada, the call will stay nailed up on the cars BT.

If, however, you lock the car (during a call) from the outside, it will turn off the screens and cut the bt.

If you are not in a call, then turning off the car (press twice) will cut the BT and turn off the screens.
Appreciate 0