BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs600
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWrules7 View Post
If, however, you lock the car (during a call) from the outside, it will turn off the screens and cut the bt.
Well that's my problem! My car used to do this, but no more...?
Hi dbs6k,

I did confirm, here is how my talkie works:

1. If you are not on a call, the BT is cut after powering off engine and then pressing stop button once more.

2. If your phone is in the middle of a BT call, the iDrive screen stays on and the speaker/mic in the car remains active.

Now, maybe your phone and iDrive need a reset. Powering off the iphone won't do crap since the swap stays active and shutting off your phone pages everything out to swap. Then when the iPhone restarts, the paging is reactivated from swap...all of your apps simply restart from where they left off. The procedure for killing the phone app is different than pre ios7. Double click the physical round button on the face of the iPhone. Moving window to the right or left, locate the phone app. Next, swipe the phone dialog (not the icon) from the bottom to the top. This kills the phone app and forces a true restart.

Next, go to settings, blue tooth and turn off BT on the iPhone, wait a minute, turn it back on.

Next, with engine running and safely parked, depress the volume knob on your cars radio for 30 seconds or so. IDrive will reboot.

Retry the whole connection thingy and see if it works properly. If not, go to Bluetooth devices and remove your phone and add it again.

Let us know.
Appreciate 0