Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctuna View Post
Just discovered the trunk access sucks
They have a tiny trunk its not a true hatchback
this cuts down on the utility a lot for things like
bikes and surfboards, and larger objects.
Hope they have a hatch version like the model S.
You guys who don't live the zero emission lifestyle don't get it.

I'm willing to bet that over 90% of the people who put deposit down are in the top 10% of the wage bracket, if not the top 5. There's a study out by the government that says something to that effect, that more than 90% of people who applied for the $7,500 tax credit earn more than $120,000 per year.

None of these guys have a Tesla as their only car. All of my friends that own Teslas have at least 3 cars in their garage. Heck most of the pure electric car owners I know, even the lowly Leaf, Volt, or Fiat 500e all have at least 2 more cars in their garage. The lack of infrastructure right now doesn't impact EV owners like you all think it does. Need to make a 200+ mile trip? I take my 335D or cash in my rental car credit with Fiat.

And WORST case scenario? I call roadside assist and get towed to the nearest dealership, which always have at least a level 2. Heck for several month I managed a commute to work that exceeded my range. I plug in a level 1 when I get to work on a 120V wall outlet and by the time I leave work I'm good.

The only REAL drawback to EV is that it is DIFFERENT than how we've been driving for the last 100 years. It's not more inconvenient than driving a gas engine.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0