07-28-2014, 11:54 AM   #36
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev ///Me View Post
Wing and I are on the same page here. The Z06 will be the bargain super-car just like the GT-R, but paying that much for something with a Chevy badge on it is the problem. People aren't motor heads like we are. Me, I wouldn't take a Z06 over a GT3. Anything else in the class, absolutely. I know I sound like a snob, but it's true. I feel the same way about the GT-R. Too expensive for the badge. For 125k, I can have myself a used Aston Martin, and I wouldn't care about performance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev ///Me View Post
I know a 'Vette can turn, and I really don't care where M cars stand on the Lightning Lap because I brought no mention of them into the discussion. The Z06 will be a beast, not questioning that. At this price point, the badge comes into play. Again, don't want to sound like a snob, but it's true. My Camry is a great car and I love it for DD duties, but would I more than 35,000? No, because I can have a Lexus for that price. For me, I'd take a Z06 over an M6, or a CLS 63 AMG, but I wouldn't take it over a GT3. As good as the Z06 may be, I'd take a GT3 each and every time.

Would you pay for something with $100,000 price tag that has a Toyota badge on it, or would you spend that money on something more elegant? That's what I thought.
It's not a car for the masses, therefore it shouldn't have to broaden its appeal. The badge doesn't mean everything as that really depends on the person. Majority != all consumers. If there's even a small percentage of buyers that are interested in pure performance, this will make the short list without question.

I'm doing my usual alternate reality window shopping here; the GT3 is typically my number one go-to for anything south of $300k, but even the Z06 would battle head-to-head for my dollar. If I had that kind of dollar to begin with.
Appreciate 0