View Single Post
      09-03-2017, 12:13 AM   #1
WarrENDeatH
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Honda Civic Type R

Ford Service Department Issues - Advice Needed

I'm coming to the BMW forums for this issue because frankly, the Mustang forums are filled with assholes. It's always a measuring contest, and nobody wants to help. So, I'm calling on everyone for constructive advice.

I brought in my Mustang to Ford for my back wheel losing three lug nuts, and blowing off three heads that the lugs attach to. This happened on the interstate, and the reasoning was blamed on a plastic centric ring left behind from my winter wheels (My father and I put my winter wheels on, never put this ring on, so I'm not sure if Tire Discounters did this or what).

Regardless, I got to Ford and found the charge to fix these three lug nuts and heads was an incredible 498 dollars. I was confused and immediately brought up that all I needed was lug nuts and new heads. These can be simply knocked out with elbow grease and two dollar parts. The guy stated, and I kid you not, "Things are more advanced now, and that's not how they work anymore." I went back and forth with him, before I (stupidly) conceded. It didn't help my wife was just wanting me to get my car back, and frankly, I needed it back for work.

So, after talking to more people and having her now give a crap. I've found out that I was in fact right, and all I needed was those few parts. I was told at max 100 dollars, not the $498 I was charged.

My first move is to contact the dealership, then to contact corporate as well as dispute the charges with my banking institution.

What would you guys suggest? Thanks.
Appreciate 0