View Single Post
      04-19-2016, 08:35 PM   #105
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by oonowindoo
Since other than the high beam assist (EU) is not part of the US spec cars, i am not too familiar with what other are shared or are not.

But based on observation, which i am really good at HAHA. There is definitely a difference in the higher speed.

Example, i drove back from Vegas at 2am 3 times since Dec to avoid traffic. The light output (how far i can see) is noticeabily different from 50mph than at 90mph. 50mph feels like the cut off is like 10 feet ahead of me while at 90 i could see much further.

I do not use high beam assist since it is useless as it never turns on.
Since there is a large number of people reading this and enough incorrect information exists, there shouldn't be more intentionally contributed.

On your car it is IMPOSSIBLE to have VLD without modification because it would be a violation of DOT conformity. The hex and binary values in the ECUs that control the modes of VLD are fixed at the same level. Until this is changed by re-coding the values that were de-coded by option 8S4, they won't change the intensity or position in VLD maps 6-13. Your car only has map 5 (basic light) Map 1 (Guiding Fog Light), and Map 15 (high beam). All the other maps are the same value as 5 except 14 which is the same as 15 and 2 which is the same as 1.

Not all US cars that have 8S4 (decoding variable light distribution) have the hardware to fully enable complete VLD, but there isn't any harm. They just won't be as effective.

Not all US cars that have 5AP (decoding no-dazzle high beam) have the appropriate hardware or are programmed differently and coding this feature on creates a very hazardous situation for other drivers.
Appreciate 1