View Single Post
      10-14-2023, 03:27 PM   #3
HKgoespewpew
Rep
Drives: 740i

Greetings,

I do not have ISTA, I replaced the battery and reseted the codes. I drove a couple miles to the store and tested again and the same engine codes are there along with other electrical codes I am not really worried about. (Missfiring and vanos deact). The car ran smooth not counting when I started the car and was waiting for the engine to warm up a little bit, the rpm dropped to 500 and it sounded like it was about to die but I gave it a little gas and stopped doing it. No check engine light. I was running live data with Carly and it showed the “Output value for motoroel temp” high. But the engine temperature was okay. I am considering that I will have to replace the Vanos motor if i can’t figure out the problem but I do not want to take it to a shop. Carly is very limited as far as this stuff meaning I will need to upgrade my diagnostic tools. I have a mac so I would need to get a used laptop in order to get ISTA, I have also watched a fee videos “BMW Doctor” that states you could do all those test with an autel or similar scanner withoit having to use ISTA. Which way should i proceed, getting ISTA or just an autel scan tool?

Thanks
Appreciate 0