View Single Post
      03-09-2016, 09:37 AM   #41
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
My daughter knows how tough my parents were on myself and my siblings. She is horrified when I tell her about our typical days.

Up and dressed with all chores done before being seated for breakfast at 7 am on weekends. No exceptions unless fever. Perfect attendance in school. Period end of story. Work first, everything else later. If you ever get in trouble with the law, you will rot in jail. We will not spend a dime on getting you out.

No excuses and no one will take care of you so you better take care of yourself.

On the flip side, I had summers in Europe and traveled extensively in the US. Very nice car when I graduated from HS and DP on my first home.

Standards, balance, rewards, and unconditional love. My parents.
sounds like u r doing a lot of things right
there has to be a purpose to being hard, because one day they will need to take care of themselves. but if it's pointless..
i dunno, my parents were all over the place, my brother, sister and i are so complete opposites u can say they suceeded in creating parenting diversity, but with the downside half of us will fail miserably..

the key is realizing what works, and what doesn't.. as doctor Phil said, but that's easy for him to say
Appreciate 1