View Single Post
      03-19-2017, 04:06 PM   #63
48Laws
Banned
Rep
Drives: '15 F80, '18 991.2 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital.James View Post
It doesn't give you authority at all, especially when you're incorrect. Throwing out BS ambiguous statements like 'it's Italian' shows how anti-authoritative you are on the topic. Any fool with money can buy a motorcycle... key word in that statement being fool. I'd like to see how your statement that a monster is difficult to work on rings true. Your experience with sport bikes and adventure touring bikes doesn't make you fit to make any statements, but since you are I'll educate you. ALL modern sport bikes are difficult to work on. As they become more compact and mass centralized, they become more complicated in lay outs. Ducatis are no exceptions. Take a new R1 a part and see how 'specialized' they are. Good luck doing any work on one unless you're a Yamaha certified mechanic. Air cooled monsters are the easiest to service because, well they are naked air cooled bikes. Only a fool makes generalizations and it clearly shows how limited in knowledge you are. A 1200 monster uses Ducati's older sport bike designs which are clearly more complicated dude to their mass centralization efforts.

You sound jealous and intimidated by my proof I'm on another level of experience than you, fool! Clearly your feelings easily got hurt which explains your pointless, long-winded response. I tried to play nice. Now I won't. Your bs isn't gospel. Recommending an Italian bike, which is by nature, more quirky and more expensive to maintain is about the dumbest chit I've heard yet in this thread. The riding position. Cost of parts and lack of dealer network/support strengthens my point. Compare labor rates, genius! The kid needs an inexpensive bike that takes little effort to maintain and ride. Ducatis ARENT it! try changing a battery on a '14 Monster. Even master mechanics complain about the tolerances and complexity of doing basic work on Ducs. My experience with bikes over the span of my life doesn't make me fit to comment yet your dumb, unfounded recommendations do? Lmfao we can all agree, on a car forum that some cars may be more complex and expensive to work on, no? That theme is the same for bikes. Log off and read a book, idiot. Better yet, get some bikes first. You ever do work on a V-twin? Nope. I've been a member to several Duc forums and we can't all be wrong, and one blowhard such as yourself right.

Last edited by 48Laws; 03-19-2017 at 04:18 PM..
Appreciate 0